Friday 11 May 2007

Kikimara



I drew this in my lunch break yesterday.. my dad kept telling me I looked like a kikimara... I didn't really know what it was, but it's a sort of Russian mythical creature. She's the daughter of the Vadinoy (a water demon of sorts) and she sits in the forest and goes 'hoo-hoo' to scare away people so they don't hurt the forest. I don't know what one looks like, except that she has messy hair because that's why dad called me 'kikimara'. So here is my rendition.
She has stolen a pretty lady's scarf to make herself look more lady-like.

5 comments:

Eoinymac said...

Great Character!

mike r baker said...

That is one beautiful piece. I love this little guy! Reminds me of a totoro. :)

Unknown said...

MARIYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA he is sooooooooo cute.

Mariya K said...

he-hem I think you mean 'she'... naughty nom! but thanks!

Neal said...

Wow! That's fantastic, amazing energy and colour to it - I'm inspired to get back to more drawing now! And it's fun - hooray for fun drawings! ;-)