Saturday 7 July 2007

Leshii drawing




A Leshii is a kind of forest spirit in Russian pagan belief. Some people still believe in him but mostly it's just a part of fairy tales. He's usually a little old man who seems mischievous and sometimes evil, only because he's protecting his forest. In fairy tales he'll often help the hero so long as he doesn't harm the forest.

I'm not great at long drawings, I get bored too fast, as you can see there are bits that I just got sick of, you can tell what I did last cuz I couldn't be bothered. It's one of the first drawings I've done completely on the computer though, a bit weird but good practice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

mariya!
This is great!! You should write and illustrate a book of russian fairytales!!!!! It would be fantastic!
I should have looked earlier, but what a miriad of wonderment is filling my eyeballs!
I love the mushroom men too!!!